Sunday, November 20, 2011

Abundance of Little Things





I am leaving today to spend the week with my daughter and her family. She is having a baby -- what an abundant Thanksgiving we will have!

I wrote a note to my grandchildren to find out what they want on the menu, since I get to cook for them this year. They are okay with turkey and dressing, pumpkin pie if we can add whipped cream, and apple pie please, and somewhere one has seen marshmallows on sweet potatoes and wants us to try that, and one wants pineapple, and one pulled the ginger plant so we could use it somehow.

But not everyone can be with family. Or has a family. Or can find the extra funds to prepare the traditional feast. Dear Lord help us share, or to not be too proud to let others share with us.

Days are made of hours and minutes. But memories are made of moments. Let us look for them, and find them, and cherish them.

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment