Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To Mask, Or Not To Mask?


After the prior post, A Gift For No Reason, some wanted to see the sunflowers after I brought them home. This is the view I have when I sit at my computer.  It has been 4 days now, and I am still uplifted each time I see them.

If you have two loaves of bread, sell one and buy flowers, for although the bread will nourish your body, the flowers will nourish your soul.

In Photoshop Elements, I played with the image on the right by:

*Making a copy of the original photo
*Applying a mask to the portions I wanted to retain color
*Creating a New Adjustment Layer (Hue Saturation)
*Moving the Saturation slider all the way to the left to remove the color

I like each of these images for different reasons, and I would like to get your thoughts about them. Do you prefer one over the other? If you care to elaborate, please tell why.

Labels:  Sunflowers, Mask, Photoshop Elements





No comments:

Post a Comment