Things To Be Thankful For When You Have The Flu
- Kleenex with Aloe -- the nose becomes sore during these bouts. I always feel sorry for children when they have a cold and we must wipe their noses. This reminds me how it must hurt them.
- Hot tea -- (Dear L., During times like these I use a teabag. I know you are appalled!)
- Gingerale -- No ice. I'm already cold enough.
- A long, comfortable robe -- the black, velvety one with the burgundy collar and cuffs. It's at least ten years old, but sometimes we just need the familiar tried and true.
- A big quilt--any will do, as long as it is heavy and I can toss and turn without getting uncovered.
- Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup -- I know how to make homemade soup, but at times like these, Campbells suits me just fine. And who would feel like cooking? More of the familiar.
- Nyquil -- Night-time. Even in the daytime.
- The sympathetic ear of the person I called to say I had the flu. (Thank you J. )
- Knowing that by tomorrow, I will be better.